Thursday, July 3, 2008

theme day: shoes!

You know the old woman
who lived in a shoe?
And had so many children
she didn't know what to do?

I think if she lived
in a little shoe-house--
That little old woman
was surely a mouse!
Beatrix Potter (1866-1943)
from Apple Dapply's Nursery Rhymes

the theme for this week is shoes!

I recently ran across mention of an interesting sounding coffee table book entitled shoes: a history from sandals to sneakers the book was written by giorgio riello and was published in 2006.

3 comments:

Bobby D. said...

these books look good. I missed this post. today I posted a book. do you think I should start a book blog? eek eeek

Bobby D. said...

i'm a sucker for books like the history of shoes or soap or salt--

mouse (aka kimy) said...

ched....I never seem to reply to comments on the ancillary blogs - sorry!! another blog? well if you have time, but there is eddy to consider now!!

I also love books on oysters, fish, and rats !